Areas of application
- Converts the two-wire NAMUR signal to a normal binary signal (on/off)
- It is also possible to connect a voltage-free contact or an “open collector”
- Direct connection of output relay or PLC input
- Optical check of power supply presence and output status
- Isolation voltage 1 kVef
- Provides power to the NAMUR sensor, Uc = 8, 2 V DC
- Output is two galvanically isolated binary signals with NPN type transistors
- Module supply voltage is +12 V DC (NAM012) or +24 V DC (NAM024)
- Mounting on 35 mm DIN-sheet
The NAM012 and NAM024 type converter is used to process the NAMUR signal of different sensors. The input signal according to DIN-EN 60947-5-6 is connected to the NAMUR terminal (+-pole) and to the GND terminal (–pole). The signal of a conventional voltage-free contact, REED or open collector can be connected between the REED(+) and GND terminals. The input is protected against overvoltage and lightning effects by fast suppressor protection.
If the input signal is less than 1 mA, the NPN type “open collector-emitter” outputs are disabled. If the input current is greater than 3 mA, the outputs are switched on. The outputs are galvanically isolated on the input circuits as well as from each other, protected against reverse polarity connections and against overvoltages. They are not protected against overcurrents above
The module is protected against reverse polarity power supply connections. The presence’ of supply voltage is indicated by a green signal on the front panel, the on output is indicated by a yellow signal.